Skip to content

Order of the Pineapple Winners 2015

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="247"] Pat Pineapple as perceived by Ek-sen-triks Cluborguild founding member Toby Bruno (1982).[/caption]

The envelop for the Order of the Pineapple for 2015, please. The pineapples go to:

Rev. Timothy Edward Bowen and Pope Hilde.

Pope Hilde: Journalist and Discordian writer for the s23.org wiki, Ek-sen-trik-kuh Discordia, and Intermittens Magazine; interviewer for KerryThornley.com, and leader and founding member of the Discordian Shamlicht Kids Club.

Timothy Bowen (Old Boy Floats): Editor and interviewer for Voices of Chaos, author/compiler of Jonesboro Discordia; and guest appearing on The Jerry Springer Show as a (fake) brony for My Little Pony. http://timbowencomedy.blogspot.com/

The Order of the Pineapple (aka The DisOrder of the Pineapple) honors those who contribute to discord and ek-sen-trik tendencies above and beyond the call of duty. It was first given in 1982 and is given each year on January 18 which is Pat Pineapple Day. Last year's winners were Miley Spears and Rev. DrJon Swabey (who cited the St. Groucho Principle). To see a list of all winners, visit op.loveshade.org.

Remember to eat something having to with pineapple on January 18! Unless of course you don't.

11 Comments

1. unicorniaNo Gravatar says:

Congratulations to Pope Hilde and Timothy Bowen! They both deserve it!

Princess Unicornia (OP 2007)

2. Miley SpearsNo Gravatar says:

Congratulations and welcome to the Pineapple People!

3. unicorniaNo Gravatar says:

The email sent to Pope Hilde bounced! It must have been the wrong email address or maybe she changed it. Please let her know to check the Order of the Pineapple website. 🙂

4. Pet GirlNo Gravatar says:

More DisOrder of the Pineapple. Congrats Hilde and Tim!

5. Rev. BootieNo Gravatar says:

Two more Discordian dupes swallowed whole by the giant zombie pineapple dildo conspiracy. My condolences.

6. We finally got in touch with Pope Hilde! Her acceptance is

“This is such a nice honor. Especially to get in with Timothy Bowen. I’ve done so little lately; will have to start editing wikis and doing Discordian-pineapplely thing again so maybe I’ll deserve this. I’m too late to eat pineapple for this year, but promise to in 2016! Hail Eris! All Hail Pat Pineapple!”

7. Timothy Bowen might make a longer acceptance speech later. But he said

“Yay I’m a winner!!!

“Send any prizes and certificates to:
    Timothy Bowen” and then listed his address which of course I won’t list.

• Anonymous LifeformsNo Gravatar says:

Here’s Tim’s acceptance speech:

Pineapples. Those are funny things. Neither Pine nor Apple, it is a fruit with many uses. It can be used as a weapon, as a back scratcher, or as a delicious treat. Discordianism is very similar to a Pineapple in that way. I have personally used Discordianism as a weapon, back scratcher, and a delicious treat. I think that’s what separates the men from the boys.

I’m really happy to accept this award and I would like to thank all of the people who helped get me here; Jerry Springer, Lady Gaga, The Amazing Atheist, #Gamergate, Ronald McDonald, Obama, I can go on. I will go on. Allow me to go on.

On second thought, I’d rather not go on. The one person I’d truly like to thank is myself. I’m a great person. I won an award, how can I not be great?

Now here’s hoping this award gets me laid!

Ron Paul 2016

Rev Timothy Edward Bowen

8. Pope HildeNo Gravatar says:

I very much appreciated being named among such outstanding company. Hopefully I will do enough to deserve it!